Meet our 2017 BMW S1000RR. It’s the full-spec version: HP lightweight wheels, semi-active suspension system, quick-shifter. It even comes with heated grips and cruise control.
The S 1000 RR remained relatively unchanged for 2016, but this changes for the 2017 model. Following are the seven updates to the new S 1000 RR:
1. Adaptation to EU4 requirements
2. ABS Pro as a new element of the optional equipment item “Riding Modes Pro.”
3. DTC as standard.
4. The new RR now as standard as a single-seat model with passenger seat cover. The optional passenger package is available free of charge as an alternative.
5. Well-established color concepts Racing Red non-metallic/Lightwhite non-metallic and BMW Motorsport (Lupine Blue metallic/Lightwhite non-metallic/Racing Red non-metallic), though in a new design.
6. New color variant Granite Grey metallic/Blackstorm metallic.
7. Design Option Wheels with red rim lines now included as standard as part of the color concepts Racing Red non-metallic/Lightwhite non-metallic and BMW Motorsport.
2017 BMW S1000RR Specs
Engine Type: 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
Displacement: 999 ccm
Bore and Stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
Fuel System: Electronic injection
Front Suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload
Rear Suspension: Aluminium 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload
Front Brakes: Twin disc brake, floating brake disc, 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
Rear Brakes: Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm
Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
Wheelbase: 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
Seat Height: 32.1 in. (815 mm)
Trail: 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
Dry Weight: Curb Weight: 208 kg
Colors: Granite Grey Metallic/Black Storm Metallic, Light White/Lupin Blue Metallic/Racing Red, Racing Red Uni/Light White Uni
Final Drive: Chain 17/45